If you’re throwing a Halloween party on Thursday but don’t know what to serve your guests, we’ve got you covered: FCRH junior Sam Meraz has tried and tested a seriously delicious pumpkin reese’s peanut butter cups recipe that we guarantee guests will love (ghouls and goblins included). All you need is a freezer and the three simple ingredients that may already be hiding in your kitchen cabinet. Even if they aren’t, they can be purchased just steps away from campus at either Modern or Best Deli. The only spooky part about this Halloween treat is how quickly they will vanish. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Vanishing Pumpkin Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
What You’ll Need
-8 milk chocolate bars
-1 can of pumpkin puree
-1 jar of peanut butter
What To Do
1. Fill a cupcake pan with liners.
2. Melt chocolate on the stove over a medium heat, stirring frequently.
3. Fill liners 1/4 of the way with melted chocolate.
4. Mix pumpkin and peanut butter together until smooth.
5. Pour dime-sized spoonfuls of the pumpkin/peanut butter mixture onto the first layer of chocolate. Then, use the rest of the chocolate to form a third top layer. Think along the lines of ‘making a sandwich.’
6. Place the entire pan into the freezer for about 30 minutes, or until frozen.
7. Make sure you eat one before your guests arrive, otherwise we promise there won’t be any left.